Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding a way out of the chaos and confusion within the Episcopal Church

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
December 03, 2003 09:51AM
I am an Episcopal priest (24 years) within the Episcopal Church (ECUSA). At present we have devolved into a state of chaos and confusion. This state most immediately has been caused by our conflict over issues of human sexuality, but more broadly it has involved a theological drift of nearly 50 years. Within our Church today there is no visible unity or discipline in any area of our life. My parish and diocese are fairly stable but it is agonizing to be a part of a once noble tradition that is now in a most profound state of crisis. I have always considered myself to be an orthodox anglican that is in some sort of fellowship with Orthodoxy. Now I have read that the Russian Orthodox Church has issued a statement of disassociation with ECUSA and maybe the Anglican Communion. I am searching and seeking ways to remain faithful in the midst of a denomination that I see as confused and misdirected. Is there anyone who relates and can help me see a way forward?
Subject Author Posted

Finding a way out of the chaos and confusion within the Episcopal Church

Don Lyon December 03, 2003 09:51AM

Re: Finding a way out of the chaos and confusion within the Episcopal Church

James December 09, 2003 02:21PM

garry January 15, 2004 01:38PM

James January 16, 2004 02:28PM

Germanus October 03, 2005 11:06PM