Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: marriage literature

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
March 17, 2004 03:44PM
Dear Naomi,

I have read some of the responses that have been directed towards your question. Interfaith marriage is most definitely difficult. However, I am amazed that supposedly educated people will make sweeping generalizations about any given faith and those who practice it. Assuming that a practitioner is bad and by deduction his faith is bad is stereotypical thinking that is not if anything politically correct. It is such thinking in all faiths or sides that creates such misunderstanding and eventually wars which no faith when read correctly promotes.

To assume that all Christians are good and all Muslims bad because of single experiences is closed minded and archaic in our day and age. Irrespective of ones religion an individual will act as they choose, some will be influenced by what they believe and try to uphold the values of their faith, while others will find it difficult and their actions are what one could simply term bad in the generic sense of the word. Representatives of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism put these holy faiths to shame, but they are most definitively not what these faiths promote since I believe they all are basically peaceful; something most people would find out if they read for themselves and understood concepts in context.

I have two questions that I believe you may need to consider
1. Do you believe that as a Christian it is a sin to marry a Muslim, and would the church and/or God see you as a sinner?
2. Do you believe that this person you are with is a good person who will treat you well? Does his current behaviour in various situations reflect those of an individual who has values that he lives by whether they be based on religion or upbringing.

You need to consider what is important for you and what you actually believe. What weighs more in your eyes, the opinion of the church, the opinion of those around you, or God? Maybe it is other things. In all cases you need to do what is best for you and with a clear conscious.

I wish you luck and enlightenment in your decision.

Shahinaz
Subject Author Posted

marriage literature

Noemi Roy January 11, 2002 06:44PM

James January 24, 2002 05:56PM

Anastasia November 10, 2002 06:32AM

paul azkoul April 07, 2004 09:25PM

sue September 25, 2005 01:38PM