Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Re: Why not an Orthodox Cable Station?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
August 18, 2006 02:45AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I am currently studying and researching the Orthodox faith as I am looking for a church that follows as closely as possible the early ante-Nicene Church. I just got a copy of all of the ecumenical council documents from 325 AD to 787 AD. I'm going to study them in-depth because I want to understand why the universal Church came to the teachings they did. I have been watching a lot of EWTN for the past month and a half, not that I wish to be Roman Catholic, but rather because between TBN and EWTN, EWTN is the at least attempting to incorporate the historicalness of Christianity. I so wish that the Orthodox church had a T.V. station like EWTN. I would hardly change the channel! I was watching EWTN one day and they said that the entire network began with Mother Angelica having approximately $200.00 and a vision(i.e. a dream) to do God's will in providing a place for people to go to hear the Catholic faith. However, I know that the Roman Catholic faith is not the true faith as they have added innovations to it. Please consider a regular T.V. station about Orthodoxy as it would certainly be a blessing and a beakon of light to those of us who are wondering in the darkness of this world. Many blessings to you in the Lord!

Subject Author Posted

Why not an Orthodox Cable Station?

Eric Iliff February 26, 2003 07:43PM

antonio March 18, 2005 11:29PM

David Atkins August 18, 2006 02:45AM