Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marriage

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
September 20, 2002 02:54PM
I'm a soon-to-be married 22 year old American male with a Serbian and Lebanease background. My grandmother lived with me as a child and she was a dedicated member of an Orthodox church. She was very close to the Priest where she attended the last years of her life. I want the priest to marry me at the church. He married my mother and father and my brother and his wife. However, I was told that my fiancee would have to convert. I don't know what exactly that means, since I have not attended church much since childhood. (I definitely would like to start attending regularly again) She isn't opposed to converting, but she wants to know exactly what is involved. She attended church with me once at St. George Antiochian Church in the city where we live. It was quite different than she was used to; she didn't understand much. I'm pretty sure though, that the beliefs probably aren't much different than what she is used to. Her Mother's family is Catholic, and she attended a Baptist church for a few years as a teenager. She is interested in attending several churches. If we get married and she becomes orthodox, is it then unacceptable for her to attend a different church?What are differences in the Orthodox church, from these others? Can anyone give me some basic information on this?
Subject Author Posted

Marriage

Ryan September 20, 2002 02:54PM

Re: Marriage

Thomas September 21, 2002 04:21AM