Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: coptic orthodoxy

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
April 19, 2004 02:30AM
Well I do not know to much about the split between the Egyptians and the other patriarchates, other than the whole issue with the controversey over the two natures of Christ. It seems to me that it does not matter if it was only a question of semantics. The church in Egypt(Coptics) rejected the counsel of Chalcedon and that is that. They left the cononical loop, sort of speek. they walked away claiming that they were the true faith and that all of the others were basically embracing heresy. So the Coptics are the true orthodox and all of the other Orthodox who claim to be the true faith are heritics. Well, that sounds a bit unrealistic. There were seven great ecumenical councils that established what is considered to be Orthodox, if this is rejected than orthodoxy is rejected. If I remember correctly the council of Chalcedon, was over the matter of the Nestorian heresy. It was more than just politics. So Mike, if you read this, it is my suggestion that you find an Orthodox church (such as the Antiochian church) who is in full communion with all of the other canonical Orthodox churches. Also, the ethnic distinctions such as Greek, Russian, Arab, and others, do not really indicate division. We all share the same faith and are in communion with one another. May God bless you in your search for the truth.
Subject Author Posted

coptic orthodoxy

Mike December 06, 2002 09:05PM

James December 13, 2002 05:04PM

susaneapen February 09, 2006 09:03AM

Athanasius August 27, 2003 06:40PM

James August 30, 2003 01:21PM