Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Malankara Orthodox Church.

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
James
February 09, 2006 03:30PM
Good morning, Susan

Of course I would agree with you: God loves ALL people. He became perfect Man and He died for His creation. God loves the Hindu and the Muslim... the Oriental Christian and the Jew. No disagreement there. You need to read carefully, Susan, and not make assumptions. It is not the love of God that is at question here. We're now discussing the pillar and bulwark of the truth... the Church...the Bride of Christ. There is only One Church: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. Our Lord did not establish many churches, Susan. The reason for establishing the Church is really quite simple: to spread the Good News of His Salvation for mankind and to build up the Christian. The Hindu faith and the Muslim faith are false insofar as they compare to the Orthodox Church which is the One, True Church. Is there any truth in these other churches... other faiths? Sure. It really depends upon how far the apple has fallen from the tree so to speak. Orthodox Christians are not triumphalistic nor are we Pharisaical when we declare that there is only one Church (although you may choose to label us as such). We are not modern pluralists believing that all paths ultimately lead to the Kingdom of God. As for the Oriental Christians, what can I say that I have not already said. We are NOT currently in full communion. Period. Hopefully one day we will be but today sadly is not that day in spite of the spin some would try to put on current events. There is still much to do to bring about full communion. Until then, I will stand firm with the Orthodox Church as the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and leave the judgment of just where the Oriental Churches fall, with the Lord Who will "do what is right in His eyes."

Regards
Subject Author Posted

Malankara Orthodox Church.

Charly V. Padanilam January 22, 2005 03:38PM

James January 29, 2005 04:18PM

tojames January 29, 2005 08:01PM

James January 31, 2005 03:33PM

paul joseph April 03, 2006 12:12AM