Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: reply to Troy

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ron
July 05, 2002 05:37PM
I like this as an original subscriber, I have not seen any threads in this category. I too am a convert from Lutheran, chismated this year on great and Holy Saturday. There is one great deep but readable book out there, Orthodox Dogmatic Theology. Translated by Seraphim Rose. I have read nearly a hundred books on the subject, not bragging, but became so interested that I had to know as much as possible. It took me five years to convert. Glad I did - caused some family problems but those have worked out. I have a tolerant if not fully understanding-where-I-am going-wife. Keep this thread going. It is nice to see someone here. Our parish in Lafayette, Colorado is about 1/3 former Episcopaleans, 1/3 RC's and several Lutherans, with many former fundamentalists. Last Sunday we had 215 in church a new record. One of my oldest friends and his longtime lady freind, both Lutherans are coming to see this weekend. The lady friend is vary interested in the OC. The OC in Colorado is growing like crazy. The Antiochians now have 6 parishes, the Greeks, 5, with the Cathedral Church, and metropolitan, The OCA has 5 churches. The non-canonical Russian/Greek Church has a gorgeous monastery. There are three other monasteries in the area. Look forward to further conversations. Ron
Subject Author Posted

How to post a new topic.

Donnie July 23, 2001 01:19AM

Re: How to post a new topic.

Donnie July 23, 2001 01:19AM

Re: How to post a new topic.

Troy John Heffernan June 28, 2002 12:04AM

reply to Troy

Isaac June 28, 2002 11:53PM

James June 29, 2002 04:14PM