Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Lutheran to Orthodox

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
July 02, 2004 01:36AM
I am a recent convert to the Holy Orthodox Church, and am currently involved in the Antiochian Archdiocese. I belong to a small parish, and we are blessed to have a wonderfull and holy priest. I was raised in the Roman church and like so many others I fell away as a teenager and became more and more heathen. Like the prodigal son I wasted my inheritance on sinfull living. I had a powerfull conversion to Jesus Christ at about the age of 30 and was almost imediately confussed about the plethera of denominational choices. I thought that with my bible and the Holy Spirit's guidence I would find the right church that was teaching the true faith. I quickly became aware that this was not goint to work. After many years of searching, I picked up a book about the Early Chruch Fathers and was even more confused. They(the Fathers) did not sound like protestent evangelicals, but the sounded like catholics..I tried the Catholic church out again for awhile, but felt that there was still something missing. So I went back to protestant land for a short time and quickly became discouraged once again. It was around this time that I was introduced to a fellow that was in the proccess of converting to the Orthodox Church. I was very curious, but I was also very cautious. I went to visit on there feast day, the Feast of the Holy Cross. I have not left since. As a catechumen I found that the church that gave us the scriptures in the first place still existed. And that their form of worship, their theology, and there understanding of the sacraments had not changed at all. So I would take a good look at the church at the time of the closing of the cannon of scripture, and you will see that it was very Orthodox.
Subject Author Posted

Lutheran to Orthodox

Jesse June 25, 2004 03:07AM

David June 30, 2004 02:47AM

James July 01, 2004 05:05PM

James July 02, 2004 02:22PM

Patrick July 02, 2004 01:36AM