Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yasser Arraffat

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
November 25, 2004 02:55AM
I just finished listening to a news bulletin on Come Recieve the Light, regarding the Greek Ecumenical Patriarchate's official statement about the death of Yasser Arraffat. What I heard was very confusing. I could be wrong about this, but I thought that Arraffat was responsible for the oppression and the death of tens of thousands of Palestinians. Yet the Ecumenical's statement praises him for "working tirelessly for the sake of the palestinian peaple" Is not Arraffat the father of terrorism? He is then called a man of peace. Does not the head scarf that he wore symbolize warfare, and not peace? Is not Arraffat responsible for the bombing and killing of thousands of jewish men, women and children? Why is the world holding this man up as a saint? I know that we should all pray for him. And I know that I am far from being a saint myself, but Arraffat did nothing to bring peace to the terrible conflict in the middle east. One other concern that I have is the language used by many Orthodox leaders, in regards to Muslim/Christian relations. The quaran says that God has no Son, and that it is a great sin to confess that he does. End of the discussion.
Subject Author Posted

Yasser Arraffat

Patrick November 25, 2004 02:55AM

Re: Yasser Arraffat

Ron November 27, 2004 03:23PM

What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict?

AlexZello February 22, 2008 09:47PM

Re: What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict?

james April 07, 2008 04:57PM