Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Embryos/ stem cell research

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
January 22, 2002 03:08PM
I too have a question along these lines. Today we use medical technology/knowledge that was reached with the assistance of the cruel torture the Nazi's did in the name of science. The veiw, of many that I have encountered, is that it is good that knowledge came from this and at least the people didn't die in vain---their lives have brought life and better health to many more people.

Since we live in a society that isn't Orthodox, there are many ideas and practices we must learn to live with. Unfortunitly abortion is one such practice. After the embryo/ fetus is aborted, why would someone be against research being done on it for the betterment of society? It is quite sad that that being was destroyed, but at least we have ways of using it's life to help others.

I also feel a fact being overlooked is what the alternative would be. If I am not mistaken, cosmetic companies would have the right to use the aborted "wastes" for reserach.

I'm curious to hear other people's ideas.

~Maximos
Subject Author Posted

Embryos/ stem cell research

Maximos January 22, 2002 03:08PM

Re: Embryos/ stem cell research

Christine February 26, 2002 05:50AM

Customer Service June 28, 2002 11:01PM

Good Will Man November 06, 2004 05:13PM