Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: out of Adventism

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
James
March 30, 2005 05:47PM
Welcome home. smiling smiley

[geocities.com]

This is a link to my own little website that outlines my personal journey to the Orthodox Church some 15 years ago. While I did not come out of the Seventh Day Adventist church, some of the struggles I had with my extended family may be of some little value to you. Your parents and friends sense that you are moving forward and that they will no longer be a part of your lives. In some sense you will need to reassure them that this is not so.

This particular forum is very inactive (I only check in here periodically). If you wish you may contact me (leushino@yahoo.com) and I will share a couple of more active forums with you where you may be able to find the help you need.

The bottom line is that we are not worthy of the Lord if we are not willing to forsake mother, father, brother.... (I'm sure you know the Gospels). You are facing some difficulties now that many of us have faced in the past. It will not be a particularly easy road BUT I can guarantee you that your life will be altered and that the joy that you will experience will completely renew you.

It's hard when you fall in love with something (i.e. Orthodoxy) not to become over-zealous and "turn off" others by constantly talking about it. Better to pray for those others and "live" the Orthodox life as best you can but always be ready to give a reason for your new-found Faith. Exactly "why" are you considering conversion? What have you found in Orthodoxy that was missing in your former faith? How has your life been changed? These are questions you need to answer for yourself before you can adequately give an answer to your loved ones.

Best wishes to you all.

James
Subject Author Posted

out of Adventism

Karen March 16, 2005 11:38PM

James March 30, 2005 05:47PM

Radiant January 09, 2007 12:20AM

james January 11, 2007 03:18PM