Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Baptism

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
October 06, 2005 04:26AM
Whoaaa. Hold it right there. We are Orthodox not pluralists. We do not subscribe to the idea that all roads lead to salvation. If you aren't aware of this, then it's high time someone (and it might as well be me) informed you. Jesus said, "I am THE way, THE truth and THE life" not "A" way. There is only one means by which a man may be saved and that is through Jesus Christ.

Secondly, the way in which we enter into the life of Christ is clearly spelled out for us in the holy scriptures and NOT the pluralist, modernist babblings of someone without any authority whatsoever (i.e. you). Nicodemus asked our Lord, "How can a person be born again?" and the Lord responded, "Just believe anything you like, Nicky. God lives within your soul and respect your fellowman." UH... NO!

Jesus said, ""Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit."

Now... just in case you didn't quite grasp our Lord's words, let's try His Apostle Peter.

In Acts we read that many came crying out, "What must we do to be saved?"

And Peter said, "Keep in mind your differences and respect them. Remember that any God lives within your soul.. .and you're good to go."

Heh heh... Yeah... in a pig's eye, Son.

Peter said, " "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit."

This is the way to life eternal.
Subject Author Posted

Baptistism

Andrew August 21, 2003 11:35PM

Re: Baptistism

Danny October 28, 2003 01:22AM

Danny October 28, 2003 01:23AM

Patrick December 20, 2003 04:15AM

Danny December 27, 2003 01:35AM