Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: orthodox christian marriage to a Jew

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
February 17, 2006 03:38AM
Hello, Mel

I'm not sure why you are asking your question here in an Eastern Orthodox forum. I'm assuming from your post that you are a Baptist Christian. Essentially that means that while you are certainly a Christian, you would be considered outside the Church since Eastern Orthodox believe that our Lord founded only one Church, the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and that has been shown by history to be the Orthodox Church. I tell you this since my advice to an Eastern Orthodox Christian would be different from what I might tell a Baptist. What I said to Shirley above would have applied to you "if" you had been Orthodox. Given the fact that you are not Orthodox, you would need to seek the advice of your Baptist pastor. I believe he will tell you St Paul's directive to: "Be not unequally yoked together"with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness. And what communion has light with darkness." Essentially the Church calls us to marriage between those of like faith and there is NO way around this. If you insist upon marriage to a non-Christian, the Church cannot bless the union and the scriptures tell us you will be outside the will of God. In short... you're on your own.

I truly wish you wisdom and courage to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord.
Subject Author Posted

orthodox christian marriage to a Jew

dee gee October 16, 2003 03:39AM

James October 27, 2003 03:24PM

deegee October 28, 2003 02:48AM

Shirley February 02, 2006 05:09PM

James February 05, 2006 12:05AM