Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The One Incarnate Word

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
James
May 30, 2004 10:02PM
If he did, I'm unaware of it, and if it should prove true that he did, it makes not an iota of difference. Why? For the simple reason that infallibility does not lie within a single person (saints included) but only within the assembled Church and its utterances at Ecumenical Councils. ALL SEVEN ecumenical councils define true Orthodox believers. Those who will not accept such may claim whatever they like for themselves but that doesn't really mean anything. I could declare myself part of the royal line of Russia but that does not make it so. I don't really buy into the claim that the non-Chalcedonians are just a bunch of misunderstood, poor-luck Orthodox Christians who have merely been misunderstood for nearly two millennia. That makes an awlful lot of Orthodox Saints out to be fairly dim-witted down through the centuries since as a whole they rejected such.

So, what really does it matter? When they accept all the ecumenical councils they will become Orthodox... right belief... right worship.
Subject Author Posted

The One Incarnate Word

Boricua_Orthodox May 29, 2004 11:06PM

James May 30, 2004 10:02PM

Forrest October 27, 2004 09:00PM

Boricua_Orthodox August 27, 2008 09:37PM

james August 28, 2008 03:32PM