Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Baptist with questions

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
al
June 19, 2005 11:57PM
From an ex-catholic, former nazarene, to just a plain simple Christian I would like to say it's great to get back to the basics of what God plan is for us. It's not complicated at all. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, read your bible(I prefer the King James, but the NIV will work just as well) and pray everyday.
Is'nt that simple? I found a good christin non-denominational church that keeps me fed and does not get caught up in what religious law man has instituted. What I did is just prayed to God to show me the way and the church that he wants me to be involved in that is doing his work for his glory and that he approves of.
Prayers answered That's why I left the catholic church because so much of it went against Christ's teachings. Nor do I believe that Joseph Smith found some gold tablets in New York and now one else got to see them because God took them back to heaven, or that Mary mother of Jesus became a saint and is an intersessor for us. She is no different than you or I other than God used her as a vessal. I also don't believe that only 144,000 will enter heaven (JW). Do you see how man has confused just about everything. God came down to start his Church on earth, very simple, very clear, very basic. Man is the one who created religion.

God bless all who seek the truth and find it like I did.
Subject Author Posted

A Baptist with questions

Bry McClellan May 10, 2005 11:43PM

James May 24, 2005 08:14PM

al June 19, 2005 11:57PM

James June 20, 2005 01:52AM

Bry McClellan June 20, 2005 05:41AM