Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Baptist with questions

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
June 21, 2005 06:23AM
You're wrong again. Baptism is NOT an affirmation of one's faith. Please show me the scripture that tells this. I've already provided two scriptures that give the complete opposite view... that tell the efficacy of holy baptism.

The thief on the cross happens to represent an exception rather than provide the norm. He confessed his belief in the Lord and he also confessed his guilt before the Lord. The Lord chose to have mercy upon him. That is the Lord's perogative. If I were you I would not presume upon it since you should know better. The thief on the cross could not be baptized (although some say he was baptized by his tears). Holy communion could not possibly be partaken since the Church had not yet been inaugurated (you really need to learn some Christian history). Please read Acts 1 to enlighten yourself on this event.

Your description of the events on the cross demonstrates your ignorance of what really transpired. The Lord gave the keeping of His Mother to His disciple for the express reason that she had no other children (the so-called brothers and sisters of the Lord were really step brothers and sisters.... children of Joseph by a previous marriage). If they had been His real siblings it would have been unheard of for the Lord to give over the care of His Mother to someone outside the family. Again... you need to acquaint yourself with both the scriptures and Jewish customs and history.

Mary said of herself that all generations would call her blessed. It's only the last hundred years or so of Protestantism that this has been refused. Even the Protestant founders (Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Knox) showed a great deal of respect for the Mother of God. In fact they all believed her to be ever-virgin.

Mary is the Mother of the Church. She is the second Eve. With her obedience salvation was brought into the world. She is the first person to have Christ live within her.

Again I repeat that you really don't know what you're talking about. Look... if you want to believe this is the means by which you will be saved... good for you. I don't share your blinkered view of scripture, of salvation history and no doubt of a good many other things. If you have any questions, I invite you to ask them. If you've come here to disturb us, then I respectfully ask you to reconsider your reasons for coming here. We do NOT require a lesson in how one is to be saved.

I might add that you have NOT addressed a single issue I raised (but why am I not surprised?). Instead you dig up an exception to what our Lord and what St Paul and St Peter taught regarding salvation. This is not simplistic thinking... it's sloppy thinking.
Subject Author Posted

A Baptist with questions

Bry McClellan May 10, 2005 11:43PM

James May 24, 2005 08:14PM

al June 19, 2005 11:57PM

James June 20, 2005 01:52AM

Bry McClellan June 20, 2005 05:41AM